Step-by-step guide to preparing for baby's debut.
After that indicator on pregnancy test turns positive, life is never the same again.
But getting ready doesn't need to be overwhelming. With a little organization and advance planning, you'll be equipped to handle it all -- and able to enjoy this special time.Preparation is key at this point.
- Take your vitamins
- Choose a health-care provider
- Schedule a checkup
- Start taking tests
- Have a 2nd trimester screening
- Enroll in childbirth education class
- Share the news with your boss
- Take a look at your baby
- Set up your nursery
- Get tested for gestational diabetes
- Tour the hospital
- Search for a pediatrician
- Find an infant-care class
- Buy a car seat
- Get screened for group B strep
- Pack your hospital bag
- Sit back and relax